Vercors natural Park
A partner for the territory
For more than 50 years, the Vercors Regional Natural Park has been a territorial development tool.
Every day, he carries out his mission: to preserve and enhance the natural environment by supporting the dynamism of the activities of the Vercors: agricultural, tourist, artisanal...
As an attentive interlocutor, the Parc du Vercors leads with its partners - local authorities, inhabitants and visitors - an ambitious and long-term collaboration.
- 1970 - Creation of the Vercors Regional Natural Park
- 83 municipalities
- approximately 53,000 inhabitants
- 1 Auvergne Rhône-Alpes Region
- 2 Departments Drôme and Isère
- 8 Intermunicipalities
- 2008-2023 - current charter
- 206,208 hectares of area
- 70% forest, i.e. 139,000 hectares
- 18% of usable agricultural area
- 1 National Nature Reserve of the Hauts-Plateaux du Vercors
- 898 - Agricultural operations
- 8 PDOs: picodon, Vercors-Sassenage blue cheese, Grenoble walnuts, Châtillon-en-Diois, Clairette-de-Die, Coteaux-de-Die, Crémant-de-Die, lavender essential oil from Haute-Provence and 13 IGP including : Saint-Marcellin, Sisteron lamb, Isère wines, Dauphiné ravioli
- 3 local breeds - The Villard-de-Lans cow, the Vercors de Barraquand horse, the Vercors gray hen
- 88,000 tourist beds
- 9 ski resorts
- 4,600 km - Routes of marked trails
- 2,341 m highest point in Isère (Grand Veymont) and 2,453 m in Drôme (Rocher Rond).
- 8 Natura 2000 sites - including 7 managed by the Park
- 18 Sensitive Natural Spaces
- 7 village photovoltaic power stations
- 100,000 years - Date of the first traces of human presence